Firing phase:
When all of the groups went out to fire, there were many different cannon designs like double chambers and some people shortened the length of the cannon while others primarily focused on the angle. Over all, I didn’t see anybody’s that was quite like ours. When it came to firing, our cannon didn’t fire but it just shrunk up and smoked. This was the same for all of the cannons and I believe that this is because of the temperature because temperature and pressure are directly proportional so because it was cold outside, there wasn’t enough pressure to fire our cannons.
Reflection phase:
I believe that our cannon did have intelligent design based upon volume and pressure. We decreased the volume of our cannon because Boyle’s law says that with a lesser volume, there is a greater pressure. Another gas law that was used was Gay Lussac’s law because there was a very low temperature which means that there was a low pressure. I was able to find that Gay Lussac’s law worked because none of the cannons fired because of the cold. However, my group wasn’t able to see if Boyle’s law worked because we couldn’t find how good it fired. I believe that it was the temperature that made our cannons not fire because there wasn’t enough pressure for them.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment